[hcs-d] Join Springboard, the design club!

Yuna Joung joung at college.harvard.edu
Sun Sep 11 21:17:03 EDT 2016

Hi HCS,

If any of you are interested in trying something new extracurricularly,
here's some information on Harvard's design club. We do cool stuff-- work
on projects, learn practical skills (e.g. Photoshop), and connect with
folks in the design industry (such as Capital One Labs
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1651499571831581/>). Don't hesitate to let
me know if you have any questions!

Cat

--

‚Äč
Hey there!

We thought you might be interested in comping Springboard
<http://www.harvardspringboard.net/who-we-are>, Harvard College's first and
only design club. During the comp
<http://www.harvardspringboard.net/comp-process>, you'll learn
Springboard's approach to design projects. Specifically, we will cover the
basics and fundamentals of human-centered design
<http://www.designkit.org/human-centered-design>. In Week 0, we will be
introducing the comp project as well as projects that we will be tackling
this semester, so it's important that you attend the first meeting *this
coming Tuesday, 9/13!*

Below is a timeline of the comp process. Please note that there will also
be short homework assignments between meetings. Meetings in bold are
mandatory. Meetings are in the Quincy Stone Hall basement innovation
classroom <http://www.harvardspringboard.net/quincy-classroom> unless
otherwise noted.

*Tues Sept 13, 7 - 8:30 pm | Week 0:* Design thinking / Introduction
to Springboard
Wed Sept 14, 5 - 7 pm | Workshop + Meet and greet with reps. from Capital
One Labs
*Tues Sept 20, 7 - 8:30 pm | Week 1:* Brainstorming
*Tues Sept 27, 7 - 8:30 pm | Week 2:* Prototyping
*Tues Oct 4, 7 - 8:30 pm | Week 3:* Final presentations
TBD | Initiation / Celebration! (Location TBD)

Let us know if you have further questions. Hope to see you soon!
SpringBOARD

Catherine Bousquet
Harvard College Class of 2017
catherinebousquet at college.harvard.edu | 210.410.2048