[hcs-d] apply to Jump Trading quant research: Internship 9/14, Full-time 9/28

Jesse Zhang jessetanzhang at college.harvard.edu
Sun Sep 11 14:58:30 EDT 2016

-----------------------------------

Apply to Jump Trading QUANT RESEARCH on Crimson Careers

INTERNSHIPS, apply by Weds, Sept 14th

FULL-TIME, apply by Weds, Sept 28th

-----------------------------------

We build predictive models from big data and develop algorithms to
automatically execute trades in dozens of financial exchanges around the
world.

At Jump you will have the opportunity to contribute in a blend of three
roles – quant researcher / data scientist, trader, and software developer –
based on your incoming skills and background, interest and curiosity, and
the new skills and industry knowledge that you will learn at Jump.

Full-time quants will start by completing a training program focused on
enhancing your knowledge of trading, programming, and quant research. The
training consists of in-house courses and trading simulation developed and
delivered by experienced quant researchers, traders, and developers. We
have experts from around the firm who will teach you advanced skills in a
variety of areas such as Machine Learning, Trading / Market Mechanics,
Statistics, R, Python, C++, and our research process.

You will later be coached to successfully apply those skills to build
predictive models, leveraging one of the largest supercomputers in the
world, and devise automated trading strategies to test in the markets
against world-class competition.

Our 10-week internship program is structured in a similar way, including
training classes, rotations with two trading teams, and research projects
with mentorship from experienced quants/traders.

-----------------------------------

Who should apply

-----------------------------------

We are seeking the sharpest analytical minds from top undergraduate and
graduate programs. Ideal candidates have an uncommon drive to learn and
improve, an entrepreneurial spirit, and strong skills in programming and/or
quantitative analysis (statistics, data mining, mathematics, machine
learning, etc.).

No prior knowledge of finance or trading is necessary. We’ll give you the
training that you’ll need.

Although we strongly value training in Computer Science and Mathematics
(recent hires include people with multiple IMO medals, top 10 Putnam
finishes, ICPC world finals medals, etc.) we are excited to meet people
with exceptional achievements in any technical discipline. Recent hires
also include students from fields such as Electrical Engineering,
Statistics, Physics, Neuroscience, Materials Science, Operations Research,
and more.

If you are curious about the challenge of improving research with daily
feedback from competitive markets, we hope you’ll apply.

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS are encouraged to apply. We accept students eligible
for CPT/OPT and we sponsor work visas for full-time positions.

------------------------------

about Jump Trading

------------------------------

Jump Trading combines sophisticated quantitative research, best-in-class
technology, and an entrepreneurial culture to create a leading global
trading firm. Jump has more than 500 employees across offices in Chicago,
New York, London, and Singapore.

A privately owned and funded company, we foster a culture of intellectual
curiosity and learning.  Jump employees are some of the world’s most
brilliant minds, with backgrounds in trading, Silicon Valley tech companies
and startups, top PhD programs and research labs. Walking through our
offices, you’ll hear conversations about the latest research in machine
learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence. We help employees to
scale their intelligence – giving them all the tools they need to be
challenged and successful.

Jump has a 16-year history of investing in superior infrastructure,
including hardware, software, wireless networks, and a world-class
supercomputer.  We leverage our petaflops of computing power and petabytes
of data to carefully analyze and identify trends in the global markets
across all asset classes.

Apply on Crimson Careers

by Weds, September 14th for INTERNSHIPS

by Weds, September 28th for FULL-TIME