[hcs-d] Fwd: Join IOP's STEAM Initiative!

Yuna Joung joung at college.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 7 15:20:26 EDT 2016

[image: Inline image 1]

------------------------------
 Concentrating in science, technology, engineering, arts or math (STEAM),
but with a hidden love for politics?

Are you a political junkie with a secret love for all things STEAM?

*Get STEAMy with the IOP's STEAM Initiative!*

Learn how STEAM relates to politics while gaining hands-on experience
with political
strategy, civic tech, advocacy and media / graphic design!

*This semester's projects are listed below:**
*Science*: Using scientific psychology research to drive education
political strategy

*Technology*: Using a Twitter Sentiment Analysis API to predict 2016
election results

*Engineering*: Analysis of economic political strategy to help bring clean
water engineering solutions to citizens' homes

*Arts*: Lobbying and advocacy efforts to formalize arts education in
Massachusetts

*Math*: Creating statistical algorithms to make government finances more
transparent for taxpayers
*NEW PROJECTS EVERY SEMESTER

Apply here: bit.ly/joinIOP
Due by 9/8 at 11:59 PM.

------------------------------
[image: Inline image 3]

Come meet the executive board at our *discussion event on race and tech
with Agora founder Elsa Sze on Thursday (9/8) from 3-4pm*, held in
conjunction with the IOP Politics of Race and Ethnicity (PRE) Initiative.

We encourage you to apply and look forward to meeting you soon!

- IOP STEAM Executive Board

Priscilla Guo, Chair (priscillaguo at college.harvard.edu)
Patric Cao, Vice Chair (patriccao at college.harvard.edu)
Neha Reddy, Membership Chair (nreddy at college.harvard.edu)