[hcs-d] Apply for the WiCS Advocacy Committee

Nisha Swarup nswarup at college.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 2 12:03:45 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I am excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for this
semester's WiCS Advocacy Committee (formerly known as the Advocacy
Council). The mission of the Advocacy Committee is to: 1) better understand
the CS gender gap on Harvard campus and 2) propose and implement
interventions that will eradicate the gender gap.

This semester, we will execute concrete interventions and measure impact;
revamp our web presence <http://advocacy.harvardwics.com/>; and collect and
analyze more data to inform our understanding of the gender gap. More
detailed team descriptions can be found here
<https://docs.google.com/a/college.harvard.edu/document/d/1Ut5cBgBFNNfZhks-aPij9fknMRQmvGgVkiFKtfnNa0Y/edit?usp=sharing>
.

*Apply here <https://goo.gl/forms/2P1Bf3zKiQDyu0VI3> if you would like to
join us.* We encourage you to fill out this quick application if you are
interested in closing the gender gap in tech, even if you don't have prior
experience with these issues. Applications are due on *Saturday, September
10th at 11:59 pm*. Please reach out if you have any questions at all.

All the best,
Nisha Swarup
Advocacy Committee Chair