[hcs-d] Apply to be a Harvard Applied Math Society SibFam Head DUE 9/10!

Annie Lin annielin at college.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 1 22:44:10 EDT 2016

The Harvard Applied Mathematics Society is accepting applications for SibFam Heads. If you are passionate about a STEM field, we want you! All class years and concentrations are encouraged to apply <https://docs.google.com/a/college.harvard.edu/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSegT42oZMajd63h6EynM-PMPqy1fwq8bDdqKc-nAro91CPxZw/formResponse>!

Applications are due: Saturday, Sept. 10, 2016 at 11:59pm.

SibFam Divisions 2016-2017:

Biology
Computer Science
Economics
Physical and Engineering Sciences
Social Sciences
Statistics

WHY BE A SIBFAM HEAD?

* Recognition as leader of SEAS sub-concentration
* Broad latitude to direct student life within academic area
* Abundant resources to hold study breaks and socials of your choice
* Strong network of students with similar interests

WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:

* Undergraduate students with a desire to make an impact on student life
* People eager to build meaningful academic and social communities at Harvard
* Students with strong leadership, logistical, and communication skills

ABOUT HAMS:

The Harvard Applied Math Society plays the dual role of being in charge of student life for applied math concentrators and promoting the academic exchange and social community among students of all quantitative fields at Harvard. In past years, we have organized:

An enormously popular talk and dinner with Stephen Wolfram (of Mathematica and Wolfram|Alpha)
Week-long Speaker Series featuring notable guests running from industry to academia
Volunteer work with the Museum of Math at the Cambridge Science Festival and other community service events
Social events and mixers for our community, including Advising Fortnights in conjunction with SEAS
This year we're working on:

Our biggest Speaker Series yet, with big-name presenters all through the week
Centralizing and streamlining the undergraduate research application and interview process
Organizing a career fair aimed at students interested in fields not covered by traditional Harvard recruiting events
Hosting and organizing a modeling competition for Harvard students
Crafting tight-knit communities and forging strong connections with our new SibFam leaders (perhaps you!)
APPLY HERE <https://docs.google.com/a/college.harvard.edu/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSegT42oZMajd63h6EynM-PMPqy1fwq8bDdqKc-nAro91CPxZw/formResponse>
 <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jqnei95G5oUf9mn20UQQF5N6rsFAyYihxMfYBBuAWYo/viewform?usp=send_form>
Applications Due Saturday 9/10/2016 at 11:59pm