[hcs-d] Open Source Project: CABSF

Jorge Calderon jcald1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 01:00:01 EDT 2015

Hello everyone,

I’m turning my master’s thesis into an open source project called the
Common Agent-Based Simulation Framework (CABSF), and am looking for
people interested in being contributors.  You don’t need to know
anything about this area, just be willing to learn.  This is an
exciting project involving Agent-Based Model Simulations, with many
applications in research and education in the sciences and in computer
science.  The framework touches on game theory, AI, multi-agent
systems, social simulation, computational economics, machine learning,
and eventually perhaps robotic simulations.

Agent-Based Modeling simulations have been used to study such diverse
topics as algorithmic trading, neuroscience, oceanography, and social
systems.  ABM has been called a revolutionary development for social
science by the National Academies of Sciences, and the Federal Reserve
is now experimenting with them as an alternative to traditional
macroeconomic models.  For CABSF, there is the possibility for
publication and conference presentation.  I have a working prototype,
but I need help to take it to the next level.  The plan after getting
the next release out is to present it to a Harvard research group that
will evaluate it for teaching purposes.  I’m primarily looking for
people who know or can learn Java, but also need C++, Python, and
Objective C developers, and also graphic designers, web animators, and
technical writers.  Website: www.OpenSimulationSystems.org

Oh, and congrats to the class of 2015!

Jorge Calderon