[hcs-d] Fwd: [dpsi-fall2014] [dpsi] Spring 2015: stay involved!

Alex Wang alexwang at college.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 21 10:07:52 EST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paulina Haduong <phaduong at cyber.law.harvard.edu>
Date: Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 7:00 AM
Subject: [dpsi-fall2014] [dpsi] Spring 2015: stay involved!
To: dpsi-fall2014 at eon.law.harvard.edu

Hey DPSI!

I hope all of you had a wonderful winter break. :) If you're interested in
staying involved with DPSI, *please respond directly to this email*.
Several projects are continuing on and accepting new applicants, and other
projects <http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/dpsi/2014-projects/> are just
starting! *You can switch projects* if you're interested in another one.

Additionally, *summer internships at Berkman are now open*. We're looking
for someone to work with us on making DPSI bigger and better, so if you
think that could be you, check out the application
<http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/getinvolved/internships_summer>.

Lastly, *applications for DPSI: Spring 2015 are now open
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kXeizXJRNaEAtpoyEnBf21Ty5EY9sXeU47HYhh76Nm8/viewform>*
. I know that all of you are involved with various clubs/organizations at
Harvard, and I'd greatly appreciate your help getting the word out by
forwarding the email below. Thanks!

- Paulina

Be a part of the Berkman Center’s Digital Problem-Solving Initiative today!

The Berkman Center for Internet & Society is seeking energetic, creative,
and passionate students to apply
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kXeizXJRNaEAtpoyEnBf21Ty5EY9sXeU47HYhh76Nm8/viewform>for
the Digital Problem-Solving Initiative (DPSI
<http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/dpsi/>). DPSI is a University-wide initiative
that brings together a diverse group of learners (students, faculty,
fellows, and staff) to work on real-world projects
<http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/dpsi/2014-projects/>that address problems and
opportunities across the university - no experience necessary!

DPSI offers all participants the opportunity to enhance and cultivate
competency in various digital literacies as teams engage with research,
design, and policy work relating to the Harvard community. As a student,
you’ll have the opportunity to work with - and be mentored by - Harvard
faculty, fellows, and staff in collaborative teams that will build and
shape the increasingly digital environment in which we live, learn, work,
and create.

Furthermore, DPSI is about listening to student voices, empowering
student-led teams to bring their ideas to fruition. Maybe you want to help
libraries connect better with students, or think about how to make online
education more accessible. Maybe you want to build a Harvard-specific app.
The DPSI community is a collaborative space that makes it possible to
deliver tangible results.

To learn more about the application process, check out the DPSI website
<http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/dpsi/> and apply now
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1kXeizXJRNaEAtpoyEnBf21Ty5EY9sXeU47HYhh76Nm8/viewform>!
Applications are due on *January 25*. If you are accepted into the program,
you’ll be asked to commit to approximately 6-8 hours a week for the spring
semester.

If you have any specific questions about the program, please feel free to
contact me at phaduong at cyber.law.harvard.edu. We look forward to your
participation in the DPSI community!

Best,

Paulina Haduong

Fellow | Berkman Center for Internet & Society

phaduong at cyber.law.harvard.edu | @phaduong