[hcs-d] [dpsi] Join the 2014-2015 Digital Problem-Solving Initiative

Paulina Haduong phaduong at cyber.law.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 29 10:00:50 EDT 2014

The Berkman Center for Internet & Society is seeking energetic, creative, and passionate students  to apply(https://harvard.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cSD5OnRxv8qwx3n)  for the Digital Problem Solving Initiative (DPSI(http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/dpsi/)). DPSI is a University-wide initiative that brings together a diverse group of learners (students, faculty, fellows, and staff) to work on  real-world projects(http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/dpsi/2014-projects/)  that address problems and opportunities across the university - no experience necessary!

DPSI offers all participants the opportunity to enhance and cultivate competency in various digital literacies as teams engage with research, design, and policy work relating to the Harvard community. As a student, you’ll have the opportunity to work with - and be mentored by - Harvard faculty, fellows, and staff in collaborative teams that will build and shape the increasingly digital environment in which we live, learn, work, and create.

Furthermore, DPSI is about listening to student voices, empowering student-led teams to bring their ideas to fruition. Maybe you want to help libraries connect better with students, or think about how to make online education more accessible. Maybe you want to build a Harvard-specific app. The DPSI community is a collaborative space that makes it possible to deliver tangible results.

To learn more about the application process, check out the DPSI website(http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/dpsi/) and  apply now(https://harvard.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cSD5OnRxv8qwx3n)! Applications are due on  September 6.  If you are accepted into the program, you’ll be asked to commit to approximately 6-8 hours a week for the fall semester. In addition, if you’re interested in learning more about the Berkman Center, check out some of  our kickoff activities(http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/node/9285)  in early September.

If you have any specific questions about the program, please feel free to contact me at  phaduong at cyber.law.harvard.edu(mailto:phaduong at cyber.law.harvard.edu). We look forward to your participation in the DPSI community!

Best,

Paulina Haduong

Fellow | Berkman Center for Internet & Society

phaduong at cyber.law.harvard.edu(mailto:phaduong at cyber.law.harvard.edu)  | @phaduong