[hcs-d] deleting files

Brandon Liu brandon.k.liu at gmail.com
Tue May 29 03:46:08 EDT 2012

`rm -i` will ask you for a confirmation before it deletes the file. A lot
of people add the line `alias rm='rm -i'` to their .bashrc (or equivalent)
so that they always get a confirmation before they delete something. Even
if you're using wildcards, rm will confirm with you for each individual
file deletion. If you're sure you know what you're doing and don't want to
type 'y' for every file, you can still use `rm -f` and the -f flag will
override the -i flag.