[hcs-d] VMWare?

Joshua Kroll kroll at cs.princeton.edu
Tue Jul 3 19:55:20 EDT 2012

I'm not sure I understand your question. VMWare Workstation and
VirtualBox are separate products developed by separate companies. I
don't know what CS50 is doing, but VirtualBox is both "beer" and "GPL"
free: https://www.virtualbox.org (of course, the core VirtualBox
development team is now owned by Oracle, so YMMV with one or both of
those in the future).

FWIW, I have used VirtualBox with many host/guest combinations and
been quite happy. Is there something it doesn't do that you're looking
for specifically?