[hcs-d] Canonical Presentation, September 24, 1-3 PM, Lamont Library Forum Room

Diaz, Rei G. rei_diaz at harvard.edu
Tue Aug 28 15:01:39 EDT 2012

Hello,

I thought this question might be of interest to the group.

> How technical will this event be?

The event will be variably technical depending on the audience we get.  We will adjust on the fly and hope to have Canonical engineers on hand--though this depends on their availability.  We're still sorting out some of the moving parts.

This will (hopefully) be the first in a series of events bringing computer industry devs, project managers, artists, and others to campus (depending on how successfully the first few go).  I don't mean to sound trite, but here is your opportunity to shape these events.  If you want technical, bring it!  Be technical.  Follow-up events will be based (at least in part) on the community's feedback.

Spoiler: We're planning at least one codefest with a game development company in November.

Thus far, our registrants for the Canonical workshop are mostly Harvard staff.  We have a couple of affiliates coming in from Mass General Hospital, and a smattering of students.

Cheers,
Rei