[hcs-d] Canonical Presentation, September 24, 1-3 PM, Lamont Library Forum Room

Diaz, Rei G. rei_diaz at harvard.edu
Tue Aug 28 13:53:08 EDT 2012

All,

This announcement is going out to several lists.  Apologies for any duplicates you may receive.

Canonical, the company behind the popular Ubuntu Linux distribution, will come to campus on Monday, September 24, to give a workshop in the Lamont Library Forum Room from 1 to 3 PM.  The agenda includes:

1) Overview of Canonical and Ubuntu Linux
2) Ubuntu's place in the enterprise and higher education
    2a) Clients: Desktops, Laptops, Mobile Devices
    2b) Servers
    2c) Cloud Services
    2d) Support Services
    2e) Etc.
3) Future directions for Ubuntu and Canonical
4) Questions

This event is open to faculty, students, staff, and all university affiliates.  To help us prepare, we ask that you register.  We plan to make the workshop available via WebEx for remote, live participation.  We will record the workshop for those who simply cannot accommodate the date/time.

Register: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGdOXzFuaDVETGpvRDV4VERhMmNpUmc6MQ

See you at the workshop!

Rei

Rei Diaz