[hcs-d] @college emails are broken and no one is fixing them

Jeremy Cushman jscushman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 17:07:29 EDT 2011

Dear HCS,

I'm writing to ask everyone on this list with an @college email address to
send an email to FAS-IT urging them to fix the problem of @college accounts
randomly rejecting emails from our mailing lists.  Many of you have probably
been affected by or have heard about this issue, where people don't receive
some emails from mailing lists and some people's subscriptions are
automatically disabled.  I've been in contact with FAS-IT for weeks now,
since the @college transition, and the problem has not been resolved.  Feel
free to send this form letter or to customize:

information to students and student organizations rely on them to
communicate.  I urge you to find a solution to this matter as soon as
possible.

[Your name]
can assure you it has.

I've tried pressing them for a solution and it hasn't worked, as the problem
hasn't been resolved.  I'm hoping that if enough students write in then it
will get their attention.

Thanks for your help,
Jeremy (feel free to forward on to house lists)