[hcs-d] hackNY Hackathon, free trip to NYC

Drew Robb drewrobb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 13:28:50 EDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

hackNY is hosting a student hackathon next weekend. The event is in New
York, but the organization is offering a free round trip bus directly from
Harvard. hackNY events are pretty fun, and this is also a good way to check
out the New York startup scene, which, from my own experience is great.

----- Original Blub -----

Dear Awesome Member of the Student-Hacking Population:

THE FALL 2011 HACKNY HACKATHON APPROACHETH:

Saturday-Sunday October 1-2, 2011, From 2pm-2pm, hackNY.org presents the
fall 2011 student hackathon. Students like you will be building your own
creative hacks based on the APIs ( http://bit.ly/wikipAPIdef ) presented by
some of NYC's best startups, as voted on by the student organizing
committee. Expect plenty of free food, swag, and code, to be topped off by
the student demos, judged by our panel of NYC startup judges.

Students coming from Penn/Princeton/Rutgers or
Harvard/MIT/Northeastern/BU/Yale/Brown: busses will be provided! See
http://hackny.org/a/f2011/hackNYbus/ for info and updates.

For more information and registration see http://hackNY.org/a/f2011 .

Please arrive before by 1:30 pm to register at NYU's Courant Institute of
Mathematical Sciences, 251 Mercer street in Greenwich Village (
http://bit.ly/NYUmap ), close to plenty of subway lines. For more
information about the hackathon, please check out the wikipage at
http://bit.ly/hackNYf2011github .

For examples of prior years' hacks, please see
http://bit.ly/hackNYf2010demos   and http://bit.ly/hackNYs2011github  , and
for pictures and videos of previous hackNY.org hackathons, please see
http://bit.ly/hackNYs2010vid , http://bit.ly/hackNYf2010pix , and
http://bit.ly/hackNYs2011pix .

If you have ANY QUESTIONS please email info at hackNY.org .

We look forward to seeing you there!!!

Best,
Team hackNY