[hcs-d] Fwd: [Downtime] ALERT: Phishing Email

Jim Danz danz at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 14 10:12:04 EDT 2011

fyi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert P. Heywood <rheywood at seas.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 8:02 AM
Subject: [Downtime] ALERT: Phishing Email
To: downtime <downtime at seas.harvard.edu>

There is an email circulating our systems that is requesting users to
provide confidential information to the sender. This email is not
legitimate and should be deleted. Here is a sample of the contents:

Attention Account User,

We are currently updating our webmail database with HUADS(Harvard
University Antivirus
Delivery System) 2011/2012 version. Your email needs to be upgraded
immediately to this new version .
HUADS (Harvard University Anti-virus Delivery System) 2011/2012 is
available to all Harvard University students, faculty and staff only. To
activates please supply your NetID and Password hence; your account
will be temporarily excluded from our Services
NetID:
Password:
Telephone :
(c) Harvard Universit antivirus support Team.

Please delete this email and others like it.

Remember, SEAS IT will never ask you for your password in an email and
you should never provide your password in an email to anyone.

Robert Heywood | Senior Associate Director, Platforms & Services |
Harvard University – SEAS  | 617.496.1335