[hcs-d] history is rather cute

Zak Stone zstone at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 21:39:19 EDT 2011

That's fantastic -- thanks very much for sharing! Here is the entire
relevant excerpt for those who haven't clicked through yet:

their developers' network which has made all sorts of tools available to
the group.

Lenny asked how HCS was dealing with the privacy issues that the facebook
would raise.
Carl: the facebook will definitely be restricted to harvard.edu.
Non-login kiosks will be not be granted access. There may be further
restrictions and the ability for people to suppress certain pieces of info.

Currently, some houses are doing online facebooks but not in any
consistent way. So, some people have recently discovered that their
pictures are up on the web and have been for a while.

Franklin Steen pointed out that the Registrar's Office does not always have
the most up to date info about students, particularly phone numbers.

http://www.abcd.harvard.edu/harvard/minutes/mar98.htm

Zak