[hcs-d] How does fuckyeahnouns work?

Jim Danz danz at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 22 14:46:02 EDT 2011

Somebody told me it was Yahoo images.  But I believe I've personally
confirmed that it's not the first hit of either Google images or Yahoo
images.

It can't be back-end community curation, because we tried
http://fuckyeahnouns.com/komondor and it worked.

Whatever it is, they definitely do something to make sure that they keep the
same image over time for a given noun (right?).  So I would guess that they
keep a log of all of the nouns that have been tried and memoize which image
has been used for each, so that they stay consistent.