[hcs-d] learning C++

Brandon Liu bliu at college.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 6 14:01:06 EDT 2011

If you are most comfortable with Java, I would recommend *C++ For Java
Programmers: *
http://www.amazon.com/C-Java-Programmers-Mark-Weiss/dp/013919424X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302112713&sr=8-1.
It does a good job of explaining the differences between Java and C++. (Like
how class definitions differ, pass-by-value vs pass-by-reference, copy
constructors, etc.) It's also pretty short (I think a little less than 300
pages), so it'll give you a good primer for C++, without being too long.

Great online resources:
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ I use this site so much
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/ Awesome resource that explains a lot
of things in C++ very well.