[hcs-d] recommend a host for website?

Greg Price gprice at post.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 4 03:04:32 EDT 2011

I don't have much experience with their actual service, but I can tell
you that the core technical people at DreamHost are very sharp and
really know what they're doing, much more so than is typical in the
hosting industry.

Just for example, one of them took a sabbatical to go finish a PhD and
build Ceph (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceph), which is looking
promising as the first good, practical distributed filesystem to come
on the scene since AFS. And they pay attention to security, build
their own custom kernels (for good reasons), etc.

Greg