[hcs-d] recommend a host for website?

David Kosslyn dkosslyn at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 4 00:45:30 EDT 2011

Thanks for sharing, Doug! Some hack Harvard mentors also wrote some thoughts
down during the program:

http://www.hackharvard.org/website-hosting/
Hackharvard.org/domain-name-registrars

from android

On Apr 4, 2011 12:41 AM, "Melchior, Douglas" <dmelchior at mba2011.hbs.edu>
wrote:
> I asked about this last week. Ideally, I'd like to see an industry report
w/ Net Promoter Score (NPS) ratings of the host's service.

<http://nearlyfreespeech.net> for simple, cheap, $3-5/mo, linode.com<
http://linode.com> for full control, $20/mo

> Also, I've heard Bluehost and inMotion are good. Wouldn't recommend
GoDaddy as their interface is really confusing (everything's buried in an
ad).

http://www.linkedin.com/in/melchiorda> | @MELCHIORDA><
http://www.twitter.com/melchiorda>

> On 04 Apr 2011, at 00:37, Michael Wong wrote:
>
> hey there,
>
> i was wondering anyone had thoughts about choosing a web hosting service
for a site built with php and mysql? hoping for nothing out of the ordinary
as far as media-heaviness, but potentially scaling.