[hcs-d] Funny phishing attempt!

Kane Hsieh kane.hsieh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 13:55:53 EDT 2010

Hmm...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: FAS.Harvard Support Team. <erich at aapt.net.au>
Date: Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 1:51 PM
Subject: Service Notification: FAS.Harvard Edu, Account Alert Updates.

               ******** ACCOUNT ALERTS NOTIFICATION ********

Dear: Account User,
       This Notification E-mail Is Presents To You From "FAS
 Webmail.Harvard Edu Technical Support Center" As a Result of Blacklisted
(IP) address From Our Internet Service Provider (ISP). Presently, We Are
Encountering Problem with Our Server Administrator Systems Due To Access
Denied Error; And For Security Reason, "Account" Maintenance Exercise Is
Been Carry Out, In Order To Fix And Upgrade Our Database By Identified The
JavaScript Error 961:

In That Cause, All Account Will Be "Permanently" Deleted From Our Database
Network Service; Hence, We Advise That You Send Your Account Info Down For
Update Activation, And Failure To Update His/her E-mail Account, It Will
Automatically Be Suspended And Deleted From the Database Due To The
Sophisticated Error Of Our JavaScript Services.

Therefore, Attached Below Here Are The Required Information Of Your E-Mail
Account Which You Have To Provide For Re-Activation Of Your Account. This Is
Because, Sometimes User Data On Our Network Service Cannot Be Activated To
Their Prior State; So You Are Advice To Provide Your Account Info (Via
Email) As Indicated In Below Order:
========================
 * Full Names: ..........................
 * Date of Birth: .......................
 * Your Sex: ............................
 * User / E-mail Address: ...............
 * Confirm Password: ....................

Please We Apologize For The Inconvenience That Might Have Caused You, But We
Are Concerned In Stopping The Proliferation Of Spam/Junk Emails With The
Help Of Our Anti-Spam Implemented Verification Sender (IVS).

Thank You And Please Bear With Us.

Sincerely,
FAS.Harvard Support Team.
Copyright © 2010 FAS.Harvard.Edu, All Rights Reserved.