[hcs-d] Government wiretapping

Siddarth Chandrasekaran chandrasekaran.siddarth at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 16:46:52 EDT 2010

Frighteningly relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DRAD-j8ObI
"There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even
now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will
soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in
lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words
offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the
enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly
wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice,
intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to
object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and
systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your
submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame?"

Siddarth