[hcs-d] Hard Drive Failure

Byron Hood byron.hood at college.harvard.edu
Sun Sep 26 23:21:33 EDT 2010

As Zak said, the longer the hard drive is powered on after failure, the
harder it will become to recover data.
Tell your roommate to visit the FAS IT support desk in the basement of the
Science Center. If his data's critical, they have a discount code to use
with DriveSavers which brings the price down a notch. Otherwise, they can
take a good stab at backing it up too.

Byron

--
Byron Hood