[hcs-d] CS283

Brad Seiler seiler at post.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 22 23:56:23 EDT 2010

I took it 3 years ago, and I understand that it will not be in the
same format as it was then. However, Todd is a great professor with
great enthusiasm for his subject, so I would definitely recommend the
course just for him.

If the content is similar to before, you are going to learn several
neat ways to manipulate images with projective geometry, use tools to
find features of images with certain invariant properties, and learn
about different ways to compare the content of two images. He will
also survey some of the low level stuff (how CS people model the way
the surfaces interact with light, for example.) He tends to be more
excited about the high level ideas and the geometric things because
they are more accessible. He is big into hands on assignments, so you
will probably be implementing several algorithms discussed in class,
rather than resolving problems.

Does that help any? Is there something in particular you are looking
to find out about?

~Brad