[hcs-d] speed of Drupal site hosted on HCS

Ted Pak tpak at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 2 01:18:32 EDT 2010

Cache all pages fetched by anonymous users like Rares suggested.  To do this you only flip a few options on one admin page.  It will increase performance by an order of magnitude.  As long as you aren't doing anything fancy with raw PHP in your nodes, Drupal will handle invalidating the cache entries by itself.

HCS could consider running memcached somewhere for even more speed but memcached has no security structure so I can't see how that could work in a shared hosting environment.

Ted