[hcs-d] speed of Drupal site hosted on HCS

Rareş Pamfil rares.pamfil10 at college.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 1 23:36:57 EDT 2010

Sometimes Drupal (PHP+Mysql) runs very slow on HCS. Especially the admin
pages. http://hcs.harvard.edu/hra is also Drupal and runs just fine for
anonymous users who get the cached pages. When you log in it gets a little
slow, but it's acceptable. There is a module + hack that tells you how much
memory overhead and sql workload you get because of each module.

The site I built for eliot at http://eliot.harvard.edu is also Drupal but we
run it on a box of our own.