[hcs-d] Simple/Cheap web host

Jim Danz danz at fas.harvard.edu
Sat May 29 01:31:13 EDT 2010

Hey guys,

A friend of mine wants to set up a simple website to host a 'photo' gallery
of her artwork.  I ran through the general "why not just use Facebook?
Flickr" but she's convinced that she wants to host her own.

With minimal poking I found a few passable PHP/mySQL photo galleries, but
I'm not sure what to recommend for a web host.  I don't even remember the
names of the companies that I used to use for such purposes back in high
school, nor are they probably still current.  Anyone have a
simple/cheap/easy/reliable low-featured web host of choice?

Thanks,
Jim