[hcs-d] Connecting a Wii to Harvard Wireless Internet

Joe Hiatt joehiatt at gmail.com
Wed May 19 11:27:02 EDT 2010

I believe that it must be wired as well, so make sure you register the wired
MAC address.  Even if it is possible, you would have a much slower
connection, so it doesn't really make sense.  Fortunately, unlike a Wii you
don't have to buy anything to connect your 360.

Note that there are times, especially, I think, when you power on from the
console rather the controller, when the xbox will not immediately recognize
the network.  I've found that often I have to "Test Network Connection"
because sometimes when I boot into Halo 3, for example, it will think its
not connected.  This is annoying, because you then have to exit the game and
reload, but its not that big of a deal.  The console will even prompt you to
Test, so it's straight forward.

Joe