[hcs-d] Science Center B14 Computer Lab Interruption

Rareş Pamfil rares.pamfil10 at college.harvard.edu
Fri Dec 17 08:10:06 EST 2010

The Crimson also reports, and Byron is cited.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2010/12/17/mercury-mathers-lab-student/

Byron T. Hood ’13, who was working at the support desk in the lab at the time of the incident, said that many people were not in the room when the spill occurred and that the evacuation proceeded “very smoothly.”

Hood said that he thought it was “awfully unsafe” for a student to bring mercury into the computer lab. “Mercury should probably be restricted to labs,” he said.

The part that I like best is:

The student had the mercury in his possession for no particular reason, according to Mathers.

Reminds me of other recent stories of random things spilling in random places. :)

(for those of you not getting messages from Dean Hammonds, here is the background <http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2010/12/13/lamont-hammonds-LGBT-harvard/> )