[hcs-d] Help hackH4RV4RD

David Kosslyn dkosslyn at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 6 15:55:21 EST 2010

 Hey HCS!

As some of you may have heard, hackH4V4RD is a new incubator for web apps
that improve campus life. Participating teams will work on their projects
from home during the first part of J-Term, then on campus during the final
week. We're targeting beginner to intermediary programmers who already have
a prototype of an idea built, many of them CS50 students. We need your help
to make this first year a success. Things you can do:

1) Suggest that people you know working on cool and relevant apps apply!
Deadline is midnight this Saturday:
http://uc.fas.harvard.edu/index.php/initiatives/hack-harvard/.

2) If you're interested in being involved in this program, perhaps running a
workshop on a more advanced technical topic, or holding "office hours" with
a team that needs your help, we'd love to have you! Please fill out this
form:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dE51UVV1S1Z4ejJTbF84R3BMRHh6OXc6MQ
.

3) If you're willing, please send the below blurb to your house list.

Thank you so much for your help!

 *Apply to hackH4V4RD! Be the change you want to see at Harvard!*
*
*
Have an idea for a website or mobile app to make Harvard (and eventually the
world) a better or more fun place? Hack Harvard is a new incubator for web
apps that improve campus life. Participating teams will work on their
projects from home during the first part of J-Term, then on campus during
the final week. We provide workspace, funding, HBS mentors, outings to
startups, and training on advanced topics like scalability, UI design, and
web security. The program ends with a public showcase, in which students,
entrepreneurs and Venture Capitalists offer feedback on the apps and vote
for the best one, which will receive a cash prize. When your apps are ready
to publicly launch after the incubator, the UC will help publicize them to
the entire campus.

Apply with your CS50 final project, or an idea you've always wanted to
build.

Learn more and apply by *DECEMBER 11th, THIS SATURDAY* at
http://uc.fas.harvard.edu/index.php/initiatives/hack-harvard/