[hcs-d] [hcs-s] [Fwd: [Cabot-open] A Message on the Election from UC Vice-President Kia McLeod]

Paul Baranay pbaranay at MIT.EDU
Fri Nov 20 16:36:15 EST 2009

Just as an additional data point: at MIT, the vast majority of official
emails to all students, all faculty members, or the entire community are
done via Mailman.  I'm not sure who coordinates this overall, but the
Registrar does make a mailing list of all undergrads accessible to the UA
(our UC-equivalent).  The UA President has sole control over this list and
none of the deans can touch it, which seems somewhat different from the
"official UC traffic [that] gets escalated through the Dean's office."

I have seen some spamscripts that hit many/all undergrads individually,
though -- not sure where those names come from.

- Paul