[hcs-d] [hcs-s] [Fwd: [Cabot-open] A Message on the Election from UC Vice-President Kia McLeod]

Joshua Kroll kroll at cs.princeton.edu
Fri Nov 20 15:34:44 EST 2009

FAS used to have a mailer tool that, given a list of usernames, mailed
them all, and they kept lists for subgroups to mail, like all active
undergrads. It is my understanding that this has been replaced by
mailman because it was very slow.

I think official UC traffic gets escalated through the Dean's office,
which doesn't work well after close-of-business when something needs
to be said quickly. Plus, the UC sends a lot of event spam for which
escalation would be onorous for everyone.

Greg, you think someone around here is coordinated enough to get lists
of every group of people in every administrative unit? You, sir, are
an optimist.