[hcs-d] CS course suggestions or recommendations?

Zak Stone zstone at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 02:29:20 EST 2009

I also recommend that you take a look at MIT's catalog. In particular,
I suspect 6.869 (Advances in Computer Vision) will be good. I've
copied the description below, and you can get a sense of the material
from an old version of the course website:

http://courses.csail.mit.edu/6.869/

Zak

6.869 Advances in Computer Vision
Professor:  Bill Freeman

Graduate (Spring) H-Level Grad Credit   (Counts toward CS TQE requirements)
Units: 3-0-9
Lecture: MW1-2.30 (1-246)

Advanced topics in computer vision with a focus on the use of machine
learning techniques.  Students should have some background in linear
algebra and probability theory.  Covers topics complementary to
6.801/866, but that class is not a prerequisite.  Class requirements
include periodic homeworks, and a final project.

Lecture topics will include:

Cameras and Lenses
Image Filtering
Image Representations: Pyramids
Image Statistics
Texture
Color
Context in Vision
Local Image Features
Model-Based Recognition
Bayesian Analysis
Markov Random Fields
Belief Propagation
Medical Applications of Computer Vision
Face Detection and Recognition
Object Recognition
Segmentation and Clustering
Computer Vision for Interactive Computer Graphics
Particle Filters and Tracking
Tracking Humans
How to Write Papers and Give Talks