[hcs-d] Fwd: Jump Trading Internship

Shiyang Cao scao at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Jan 18 23:26:43 EST 2009

*Jump Trading *
*Algorithmic Trading Intern**ship*
*Resume Deadline Wednesday, January 28th*

Interested in *Data Mining, Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, or
Artificial Intelligence*?  Apply your Computer Science and Quantitative
Analysis skills in an entrepreneurial and exciting environment.

Jump Trading, LLC
*http://www.jumptrading.com* <http://www.jumptrading.com>
*Algorithmic Trading Intern**ship
*eRecruiting RESUME DEADLINE: 2/4

*Who We Are:
*Jump Trading is a privately funded company on the cutting edge of
high-frequency trading, expanding the limits of what algorithmic trading
means today. We pride ourselves on being an industry leader that quietly
sets the standard for sophisticated trading strategies. Our casual
atmosphere and extremely flat structure encourage the exploration of new
ideas and strategies, no matter how new the employee.

*Who We are Looking For:
*We are looking for smart, motivated individuals with a background in
programming and/or a quantitative analysis (statistics, data mining,
mathematics, machine learning). No prior knowledge of finance or trading is
necessary.

Because the markets are all electronic, having a programming background will
allow you to create new strategies and interact with the market in a very
unique way. Technological innovation is critical to the electronic trading
world, and Jump is intensely focused on staying ahead of its competitors.
Our ideal candidate has a competitive fire, an entrepreneurial spirit, and
strong programming skills.

*What You Will Do:
*Our internship program provides an excellent opportunity to learn about and
participate in the exciting world of high frequency trading while honing
your computer science and quantitative analysis skills and knowledge of the
industry*.*  As an algorithmic trading intern you will build programs and
infrastructure to support development and execution of your own black box
trading strategies.  In addition to working with existing systems, you will
be encouraged to explore new models and ideas and share these new ideas with
your fellow interns.

Starting on the first day of your internship, you will receive one on one
mentoring with our development team. This mentorship will continue
throughout your internship, and will be adapted as you progress.  Interns
will work in groups on projects that will highlight as many aspects of
trading as possible.  These projects will be tailored to the intern's
interests.
*If you are interested, please submit your cover letter and resume **via
Harvard**'**s ** e**Recruiting **system by February 4**th**. *

 *  ________________________________  *
Note: This email is for the confidential use of the named addressee(s) only
and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination or copying of this email is strictly prohibited, and to please
notify the sender immediately and destroy this email and any attachments.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Jump
Trading, therefore, does not make any guarantees as to the completeness or
accuracy of this email or any attachments. This email is for informational
purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation, offer, request or
solicitation of any kind to buy, sell, subscribe, redeem or perform any type
of transaction of a financial product.