[hcs-d] Fwd: Automation Help

Aneesh Kulkarni aneeshvkulkarni at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 14:45:21 EDT 2009

A related question that I've gotten stuck on.  I've used mechanize and other
tools to automate interactions with html forms.  But that's where my
knowledge ends.  I'm not sure how to deal with the equivalent of a browser's
"print" and "save as" pop-up dialogs, since those are browser-dependent and
seem to require a GUI.  How do you automate that interaction?

Thanks,
Aneesh

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 13:34, Matt Di Pasquale <pasquale at fas.harvard.edu>w=
rote:

> i love ruby (over python) for scraping. i use the gems: hpricot
> (http://wiki.github.com/why/hpricot) for simple tasks and
> (http://nokogiri.rubyforge.org/nokogiri/) for more difficult ones.
> they're much simpler than beautiful soup.
>
> those links above have instructions. and here's a helpful ruby tutorial:
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ruby_Programming/Hello_world
>
> feel free to call me if you'd like to come over to the dunster house
> comp lab for help. 617-894-0859 (c)
>
> -matt
>
> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Jon Staff <staff at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> > Thanks for all the advice on this.   Still haven't figured this out.   =
If