[hcs-d] Who likes Django?

Joshua Kroll jkroll at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 21 17:06:47 EDT 2009

I suspect that this is Greg's secret plan to learn Django for that purpose.

Anyway, Greg brings up an interesting point, which is that we now have
access to on-the-web authentication thanks to the unfortunately-named
AuthZ Proxy via the PIN system. So if you have an idea for a thing we
can do that requires persistently knowing who people are (webmail
comes to mind), we can do that now. We've actually built a whole
infrastructure for converting Auth Proxy tickets to tickets in our SSO
and then using these to do authorization against various back-end
things via any number of ways. If you like secure distributed systems
or just web tools, now might be a good time to join HCS.

Josh