[hcs-d] Mac text editor

Keito Uchiyama keito at cs.harvard.edu
Sat Apr 18 16:54:18 EDT 2009

I don't want to start a "my text editor is better/bigger/[other
adjective] than yours" discussion, but I have a question: what text
editor do you recommend for Mac OS X?

I've been a TextWrangler user for a couple of years now, and overall
I've been satisfied with it, except for its total lack of auto-
indentation and other coding-related goodies you see in, say, Visual
Studio or Xcode. However, a month ago, I stumbled across TextMate, and
love its indentation, rich syntax highlighting, and extensibility. But
I'm not totally happy with it, given its lack of tabs, a half-baked
regular expression feature, and lack of full-width character support
(can't type Japanese in it without going crazy).

So pray tell, what experiences have people on hcs-discuss had with
text editors on Mac OS X?

Keito