[hcs-d] Webmail

prabhas pokharel pokharel at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 30 07:57:59 EDT 2008

As a solution to the usernames issue, I like Cornell's system. They take
your initials, and tack on a number afterwards.
I would be "ppXX at college.harvard.edu" You keep incrementing the IDs, so you
will not hit duplicates in basically ever. The email addresses are short. I
saw someone in the crimson complaining about email usernames "de-humanizing"
people, and this would certainly fit the bill, but it definitely sounds much
better than the horrendous "prabhas_pokharel09 at college.harvard.edu".

-p