[hcs-d] Development/Architecture Meeting: Today at 7:00 PM EDT

Joshua Kroll jkroll at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 23 13:17:57 EDT 2008

The Return of the Return of the Dev Meeting: This Time It's Global

Yes, we've moved the time of our now almost-weekly developement
meeting to accomodate participants from both coasts of the US and from
Japan. No matter where you are in the world, though, you're welcome to
attend. Experience is not a prerequisite. Interest in engineering
complex fault-tolerant systems that perform well and are easy and fun
to use is a plus.

This week, the meeting will be a little broader in focus. We won't be
talking too much about our various summer software development
projects. Instead, we'll be talking about the architecture of the
first deployment we'll be making with our new machines. We'll also set
timelines for that deployment.

This should be a lively discussion and should be interesting to anyone
who has an interest in thinking about unusual corner cases, fault
tolerance, risk, or just how computer systems are put together at the
vanguard of technology.

If you're interested in attending, let me know and I'll provide you
with the details for how to join us.

Josh