[hcs-d] Fwd: New Harvard ID Card Announcement

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 10 02:20:40 EDT 2008

On Jul 9, 2008, at 11:29 PM, Joshua Kroll wrote:
> This seems worth a discussion. Notably, I'm guessing these use some
> sort of pseudo-secret easy-to-cryptanalyze cipher like most cards of
> their ilk.

Er, what?

There's nothing in the announcement you forwarded to suggest anything
more than run of the mill ISO 14443 passive RFID in the same ISO 7810
ID-1 form factor as previous Harvard ID cards. Whence the notion of
any on-card crypto whatsoever? Unless you know more than you
forwarded, you're FUDing.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org