[hcs-d] Facebook Tech Talk Today - Maxwell-Dworkin G115 6-7 PM

Joshua Kroll jkroll at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 21 11:31:30 EST 2008

We're hosting a tech talk with Facebook today from 6-7 PM. The speaker
will be Sasha Rush '07 talking about Facebook Platform, the engine
that drives all of those nifty applications you've been adding to your
Facebook profile (Pirates, Ninjas, SuperSpank, etc). Specifically, the
talk will be about optimizing Facebook Platform for Facebook's unusual
load profile (lots of data for which each piece receives a very low
hit rate). It should be good, plus I just confirmed pizza from
Bertuccis, so you can skip dinner if you're so inclined.

Details:
Facebook Tech Talk
Maxwell-Dworkin G115
Today 2/21 6-7 PM

It was noted that in my last e-mail I put G119 in the subject line.
It's not G119. It's G115. You're all smart enough to figure that out.

Josh

Again, feel free to forward the below.
--------------------

Facebook Information Session
February 21, 2008, 6:00-7:00pm
Maxwell Dworkin G115
Pizza Provided
Bring your resume!

Interested in working for a growing technology company with lots of energy
and excitement? We're the sixth-most trafficked site in the United States,
but we're still a small company so there's a good opportunity for anyone who
joins to make a big impact.

Our engineers enjoy making products that millions of people use, living in a
fast-paced and high-energy environment, solving tough technological
challenges, and working on a team of people who are just as talented as they
are. If these things also appeal to you, we encourage you to attend our
information session.