[hcs-d] A Tech Talk by Facebook - Thursday 6-7 MD G119

Joshua Kroll jkroll at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 19 23:37:23 EST 2008

Ever wonder what makes that favorite pastime of ours tick? Did you
know Facebook is the largest photo sharing website in the world?
Curious how, despite having 30 million users, Facebook manages to stay
fast for everyone?

Come to a tech talk by Facebook, co-sponsored by HCS!

Details:
Maxwell-Dworkin G115 (the big room), 6-7pm this Thursday 2/21.
If you remember, RSVP to jkroll at fas so that I can get a count for
pizza. This by no means limits your ability to come, though, since
ultimately I'm just going to guess how much we need anyway.

I made them promise to send interesting people and to talk about
interesting things. We've all been to tech talks that were either
oversimplified "to protect business interests" or which were more
about the culture of the company than about technology. I warned them
that if they did either of these things we'd send Ivan after them.

Josh

The "Official" word, which you may forward to any lists of interest.
-----

Facebook Information Session
February 21, 2008, 6:00-7:00pm
Maxwell Dworkin G115
Pizza Provided
Bring your resume!

Interested in working for a growing technology company with lots of energy
and excitement? We're the sixth-most trafficked site in the United States,
but we're still a small company so there's a good opportunity for anyone who
joins to make a big impact.

Our engineers enjoy making products that millions of people use, living in a
fast-paced and high-energy environment, solving tough technological
challenges, and working on a team of people who are just as talented as they
are. If these things also appeal to you, we encourage you to attend our
Information Session!