[hcs-d] Recommended distro for hacking the 2.4 kernel

Roy Shi rshi at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 4 18:58:28 EDT 2007

I'm doing this inside vmware.

I need a 2.4 kernel because of the significantly simpler scheduler.
The 2.6 scheduler is a beast that I don't much want to play with. I'm
planning on modifying it to test some things which include an
interactive workload. (If any of you have done this, I'd be interested
in your experiences).

I settled on debian 3.1