[hcs-d] Recommended distro for hacking the 2.4 kernel

Greg Price gprice at post.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 4 18:42:25 EDT 2007

Why the interest in 2.4?  Are you going to be using this system
as your main workstation (or why else do you want mplayer)?
"What are you really trying to do?"

Have you considered running the kernel you hack on in a Xen VM,
so you can get work done in a more stable kernel?

For Debian releases,
  http://www.debian.org/releases/
will get you the release notes, which should answer your question.

Greg