[HCS-D] PyCon: questions

Matt Gline gline at fas.harvard.edu
Thu May 12 14:55:38 EDT 2005

Maxwell Dworkin has fewer rooms substantially farther away. There are
four classrooms of any size available in MD: 119, which seats 59, G135,
which seats 36, G125, which seats 57, and G115, which seats 120. If we
used those, we'd be using every classroom in Maxwell Dworkin, module a
few small conference rooms upstairs. I don't really think it's a
reasonable option. The science center has 5 lecture halls that seat over
100 - two which seat more than 130, one that seats 250, one that seats
350, and one that seats 492. Those lecture halls are well outfitted for
taping, have all kinds of projection kit, and are right near each other
and sanders. There's another classroom that'll seat 57, one that'll seat
54, and a hole host of rooms that'll seat smaller numbers of people. And
if rooms in the science center prove unavailable, Sever and Emerson also
aren't far away, while there's no place with reasonable rooms near MD
(apart from Jefferson 250, which is a lovely room). The Science Center
and Memorial Hall are by far the most convenient pair of locations for
this conference.

--Matt