[HCS-D] HCS/Harvard hosting PyCon 2006?

Gregory Price gprice at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed May 11 15:58:44 EDT 2005

  On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 09:33:53PM +0200, Ivan Krstic wrote:
    > As far as dates go, LinuxWorld Expo Boston takes place Apr3-6, so it's
    > worth thinking about whether having PyCon and LWE back-to-back would be
    > smart. LWE does bring in quite a bit of hackers from overseas, a good
    > number of which are surely Pythonistas.
    >
    > The only potentially show-stopping concern I have is scheduling around
    > classes. It might be necessary to begin the conference on a Saturday
    > morning, such that at least the first two days happen when class is not
    > in session.

April 3-6 is Monday-Thursday;
in fact, the Monday-Thursday immediately following spring break.

Now for all I know there's some huge event that happens every spring
break and takes all the rooms on campus, but spring break --
March 27 to April 1, to make it Monday through Saturday as they suggest --
is well worth looking into.

                Gregory