[HCS-D] HCS/Harvard hosting PyCon 2006?

Cassia Ines Faria Martin cimartin at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed May 11 15:00:04 EDT 2005

If PyCon is like other work conferences, I've seen, they will want at
least one *large* lecture hall, for keynotes, and such.  It might be worth
looking into if Sanders is getable for a couple hours at a time, but you
wouldn't need it for the whole conference.

Note, though, that it is probably happening during the week, on
business-ish hours.  This mean security is less of an issue, as it
wouldn't go late into the night, but scheduling rooms will be *hard*, if
it will happen during class times.  Vericon worked because it was during
intersession, and the Hippocratic Society conference was probably during
the weekend also.

I think this would be terribly cool, if you could pull it off.  The first
thing to do is probably to talk to the dean's office (whoever has Susan
Cooke's old job.)  They'll have a good grasp on what the rules are (for
charging admission, or whatever) and how long ahead of time you would be
allowed to reserve space.
  -Cassia