[HCS-D] HCS/Harvard hosting PyCon 2006?

Ivan Krstic krstic at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed May 11 14:26:56 EDT 2005

Greg Westin wrote:
> I worked with
> the Hippocratic Society to put on some conferences

I'd be interested in hearing a bit more about the logistical details
(quoting from my previous mail):

* How big was your conference?
* Where did you have it (rooms, buildings)?
* How much of your soul did the administration suck to approve it?
* How much jumping through bureaucracy is there?

As far as I see, room options would be:

- one of the Science Center lecture halls (the capacity of at least one
is about 500 people)
- the large hall in Maxwell Dworkin (I don't know the capacity)
- Sanders (would probably be really hard to get)

PyCon moved from its previous site because they were limited to about
400 people, and there was substantially more interest. I will find out
how big they think they would get if they didn't have to cap attendance;
maybe filling up 2/3rds of Sanders or more is realistic. Or, maybe we
can get away with a smaller room.

Ivan.