[HCS-D] HCS/Harvard hosting PyCon 2006?

Greg Westin westin at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed May 11 14:17:44 EDT 2005

I'm pretty sure Harvard doesn't charge anything, so we don't have to
charge fees.  However, for large events they might require things like HCS
paying for a security guard to be there.

Assuming that PyCon people can handle most or all of the organization, and
that HCS doesn't have to do things like arrange transportation for
anyone, I think planning for Spring '06 is very reasonable.  I worked with
the Hippocratic Society to put on some conferences (smaller than 500-600,
but I think pretty comparable), and while we tried to start planning as
soon as one year's conference ended for the next one, practically speaking
we didn't have to do much until at least the fall, and most of the work
was in stuff HCS wouldn't have to do for PyCon, like organizing who would
be there, how events would be organized, how speakers would get to the
event, etc.

Greg
---
http://www.gregwestin.com/