[Fwd: Re: [HCS-D] HCS web: As seen on MTV Extreme Makeovers]

myke cuthbert cuthbert at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Jul 31 11:19:29 EDT 2005

The shield (as Dave Alpert said) was mine, but it's a combination of
ideas from a shield he made (with the 1's and 0's); my main
contribution was using disks instead of books.  I sent over all my old
hcs files recently so all the old .psd's should be available.

I rather like the one-time use shield of
http://myke.trecento.com/tshirts/
which we put on T-shirts back in 1998.

Of course disks were already obsolete by 1998 and the ethernet cord
might not last, but it's good to know one's roots.  :)

Man I don't check this folder enough.

btw -- people working on the web should make sure they have Cindy
Alvarez's super old web files (1995 or 96 or so) -- in many ways they
were among the most beautiful things ever on the site.  I don't think
it would be bad if they returned in some form.

The HCS used to attract a lot more graphic designers -- good people to
have around.  if nothing else, for enforcing society dress codes.

:)

Myke